Saturday 13 September 2014

The Hotel, Brussels - Belgium


It comes a moment when I simply don't fancy dressing up to pop down to the restaurant. I want to keep my crumpled pyjamas, stay in the room and watch telly. But, at the same time my rumbling tummy must be kept happy. Then there is only one solution to it, yes... Room Service! 

In a matter of minutes after dialling Room Service button, here comes my meal of the day. First tray has a bowl of roast baby chicken in tomato provencal sauce with mixed green salad and roast baby potatoes on the side, followed by the second tray that has thin crust pizza with ham and fresh rocket, in case I still feeling peckish after baby chicken and must have dessert, rhubarb crumble. Yumm.. I could not wait to get stuck in.



You must be wondering if my choice of rather unusual combo was good, right?!
It was... ummm... really good!!! The roast baby chicken was the most impressive one. So tender,  moist, tomatoey and well seasoned right into the flesh. Perfect choice for quick and light lunch. Healthy too, I imagine. The pizza was just an addition because my eyes are bigger than my belly. Great as in between snack though. It goes well with a can of chilled beer while watching a movie. 

The rhubarb crumble was just a ideal palate cleanser after two tasty dishes. Would have been even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but I think it would be too decadent. Or maybe not?!


The Hotel
Boulevard de Waterloo 36, Brussels
Belgium 1000
Phone: +32 2 504 1111
Website:http://www.thehotel-brussels.be/default-en.html

No comments:

Post a Comment